Find our latest jobs
Salary from £24,000 to £27,000
We are a modern restaurant with a traditional Scottish heart, we’re passionate about tasty, seasonal food. We’re passionate about fine, local produce and friendly service, not to mention a tipple and a Ceilidh or two.
As Sous Chef you will play an important role supporting the Head Chef in the day to day management of the kitchen in a very high volume restaurant.
You will be fully involved in all aspects of the kitchen operation, in addition to menu compilation, developing junior members of the team, and ensuring that all aspects of the operation comply with legislative requirements.
You will also be expected to fully deputise for the Head Chef in their absence. We’re looking for someone with strong people and operational management skills and have experience in the industry at a supervisory level.
You will have impeccable standards, be flexible, adaptable, and have a strong passion and flair for modern food. The right candidate will be expected to utilise quality local suppliers and aim to produce food of the highest standard.
*Live in available to the right candidate
Waitress & Bar Staff
Salary: £8.00 to £10.00 /hour
We are looking to recruit Full Time staff to join our teams at McKay's and Cafe Scozia on Atholl Road in Pitlochry. We are looking for people with a passion for customer service, excellent communication skills and a can do attitude. Experience is preferred but not essential.
We offer excellent rates of pay, 50% Staff discount, Meals on duty and great tips to the successful applicants.
Hours would be 40+ per week, and will include evening and weekend work. The position involves serving of customers on the bar and floor, selling, team work, cash handling and working as part of a team.
If this sounds like something you would enjoy we would love to hear from you so please send us your CV....
£20,000 - £22,000 a year
McKay's Bar and Restaurant is looking to recruit duty managers to join our team in a fast paced service orientated enviroment. Hours are based on a 45 hour working week, 5 days out of 7. Salary is negotiable and duty managers receive a share of tips as well as a managers meal allowance.. The duty manager will have the following areas of responsibility on a daily basis:
- Opening & closing proedures
- Cash handling
- Operating of shifts in line with company procedures
- Team management
- Stock control
- Recruitment and training
- Assistant in the managing of our online training system FLOW
- Health and safety
- Food safety
- Checking in & out of hotel guests
- Guest management
- Problem solving
We are looking for candidates who have experience working in an operation that encompasses a hotel, bar and restaurant operation. Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet, work in a fast paced environment and have strong communication skills.
£8.50 - £10.50 an hour
Reporting to the Head Chef you will be responsible for administering all phases of the kitchen operation ensuring that the kitchen is run to the company’s operational and financial standards. Responsible for providing a product that exceeds our guest expectations, whilst maintaining the McKays style and ethos.
- Standard recipes will be used, in conjunction with strict portion control for all food items produced.
- Every effort must be made to provide our customers with a full menu.
- You will minimise food wastage through good kitchen management processes, such as labelling and mis en place par levels etc.
- All stock to be rotated and dated and managed as to reduce wastage
- Respond positively to guest feedback and understand that the feedback will be utilised to further understand our guest expectations.
- Closely monitor the quality of food services to ensure a consistently high standard.
- Ensures the satisfaction of our guest expectations and where possible anticipating their expectations.
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a professional and caring manner.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the work area, and takes care with all outlet equipment and materials.
- Ensures that the Kitchen carries adequate food par stocks, for efficient operation of the kitchen. Inform the Head chef or Sous chef in a timely manner if stock is low.
- Responsible for receiving and storage of all food, cleaning and kitchen equipment in the absence of a more senior chef.
- Responsible for the rotation and labelling of all food items in storage.
Please either email CV or come in past and speak to Head Chef